The Case Study Solution enabled PepsiCo to bridge the gap between the environmental credentials of the company and its business model. Thus, by implementing the Case Study Approach, PepsiCo was able to assess the key factors that led to the overall performance of the company in terms of climate change and the environment.
In order to address the challenges of sustainability, the company identified three critical challenges that required immediate attention and action. These include the fact that:
* Sustainability is about participating in a strategy that makes a connection between sustainable development and business objectives. This challenge can be very difficult for any company in which sustainability is a core business focus, but in which few have even heard of.
* When it comes to sustainable development, there are two broad categories: ‘Diversified’Discrete.’ These are two steps along the road to sustainable development.
* There are two strategic philosophies for sustaining sustainable development: Heydarian and Leapfrogging. These are the two philosophies used by the Case Study Solution which determined how PepsiCo could bridge the gap between the company’s commitments and its operational performance.
* In order to gain a competitive advantage in sustainable development, the company has adopted a holistic approach to its business. The Case Study Solution analyzed the company’s strategies, decision making procedures, management processes, incentives, and investment, among other things.
* The Case Study Solution showed how PepsiCo was able to make a connection between its objectives and those of society. By understanding the impact of the company’s business activities on the environment, the company was able to assess the company’s ability to make a connection between sustainable development and business.
* In the context of sustainable development, PepsiCo was able to identify three areas where the company had the opportunity to strengthen its business. These areas included:
* Sustainability is about being a business that can function in a multi-faceted environment that generates sustained growth and makes a connection between sustainable development and business objectives. Through a comprehensive case study approach, PepsiCo was able to assess the company’s commitment to sustainability and evaluate how it could support its mission and increase the company’s ability to operate in a multi-faceted environment.
* In conclusion, the Case Study Solution identified an innovative approach to sustainability at PepsiCo that facilitated the company to achieve sustainable development in all three of the areas identified in the HBR Case Solutions. These areas included sustainability that resulted in the company’s achievement of quality performance; sustainability that enabled the company to gain competitive advantage in sustainability; and sustainability that enabled the company to maintain a successful, sustainable business.
The Case Study Solution helps companies identify where they are already, and where they need to go in order to address the challenges of sustainability. This is a powerful solution that shows companies where they are now, and where they need to go in order to overcome the challenges that are associated with sustainability.